Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snorkelling Watch

Today saw the arrival of the temperature gauge ($8 on eBay) -- which completes my snorkeling wristwatch. Here is a photo of the band:
Critical info: Ambient water temp, and heading. Don't snorkel without it!
No, it's not as uncomfortable as it looks. Yes, it is as useless as it looks. I just want to see how many gadgets I can hang off my wrist. If anybody knows where I can find a tiny barometer / wind gauge / altimeter / depth gauge or whatever else, let me know!

Here is the front:
Gulfman: The watch of choice for the US Coast Guard. (probably not...)
The final phase will be to open it up and fill it with silicone oil. This will enable it to theoretically reach depths of 500m*, and withstand even greater temperature changes (from the freezer, into a hot shower, without cracking the gasket). All necessary for the avid snorkeller like myself.


-Gray

* My current free-diving record is approximately 4 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment