Monday, December 6, 2010

Rottnest next week

Some water and land.
Booked tickets to Rottnest Island for next Tuesday. I don't know much about Rottnest, except it is still a Spanish-owned island and it is illegal to drive a car there. Bicycles are the main method of transport, plus a bus that runs around the perimeter or something. I presume that if somebody took a car over there, the locals would run screaming away from you, thinking you are some kind of futuristic cyborg Godzilla (ya'll be screaming like "Gieaka! Gieaka!", Reece you know what I'm talking about).

If I can borrow an underwater camera that would be awesome. Hit me up on Facebook if you can loan me one.

If anybody knows the best spot(s) to snorkel on Rottnest, please leave a comment below since otherwise I'll end up getting smashed against some rocks, or swept out to sea, or something ...

The "rodentus maxima", or "giant rat"
Here is a picture of the local wildlife, the Quokka! Everybody's favourite little rodent. The Quokka is a distant relative of the squirrel, and/or bird. For more info on this fascinating animal, click here.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Good on ya Mate. Nice blog, been reading for a while now. Always loving the Roto lifestyle!
    Plan on going to stay at Rottnest Hotel in Aug

    ReplyDelete