Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yet another 5 things that annoy me

This blog now has over 1,000 total pageviews! Yay! To celebrate, I thought I'd whinge a bit more:

1) People walking around shops in bare feet. At least put some thongs on.

2) Self-serve checkouts. They're slower. I'm fairly geeky and even I had trouble understanding the damn thing when I tried it. They're taking jobs away from teenagers. And, if it's cheaper to install the machines, shouldn't the prices of goods come down? ...

3) Chevy badges on Holdens. Can somebody PLEASE explain this to me in the comments below? What's the idea here? The engine is designed in America, but built in Australia, yes? Or what? ... Anyway it's usually stupid bogans that also display the Southern Cross on their window (another issue entirely ...) so which country are they pledging allegiance to? Australia or America? I'm confused.

4) People that see you're wet, and immediately say "Oh is it raining outside?"  .... "No, I took a shower in my clothes." ... "No, it's raining inside actually." ... ARGH!

5) Company "sick leave" policy. They advise you in the induction, "Don't come to work when you're sick! Be responsible, don't spread it -- stay at home!" ... Then when you actually get sick, that attitude completely reverses. "Oh we're short staffed, are you sure you can't come in? Are you getting a doctor's note then?" ... Sick of it. I'm getting a cold right now and already I'm thinking that I can't have any time off since the other storeman will have to do all the work without me. So I'll be spreading the cold to about 40 people ... in a hospital. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment