Monday, August 22, 2011

[Bike] Bye bye CBF250 :(

Tonight I watched her being ridden away by her new owner. It was like seeing an old friend move interstate. Or a favourite, long-running TV series coming to an end.

We had some fun times. No bad times to speak of. Apart from that first trip down to Donnybrook when I was freezing and cramped up. Damn I hated you for those last couple of hours!! CURSE YOU!! CURSE YOU TO HELL, FOUL CONTRAPTION OF WIND AND COLD!!!.... Oh, I can't stay mad at you, that wasn't your fault ... <sniff>

I wish I had some photos of our times together ... Learning to ride, passing my test ... cruising the Scarborough coast, checking out the ladies ... Going on group rides ... Nearly getting killed by that old man in his Falcon .... Good times. The memories will live on in my heart.

Let's have a moment of silence for the mighty CBF250, which started me on my long road of motorcycling joy. What a trustworthy steed.

I hope your new home is a good one. I'll miss you, little lady ...

- Gray
PS. PLEASE don't snap your chain in the next few months. I don't need the grief. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment