Thursday, August 4, 2011

[Bike] Finally got some respect

Parked in Manning last night, I come out of IGA to see some neat older gentleman checking out my bike.

He said, "Just having a look at your bike ..."
I said, "Yeah, she's a beauty allright."

He said, "Looks kind of small ..."
I said, "It's a 250 mate."

He said, "Yeah I was just surprised how small the--"
I said, "She's small, but she's sprightly."

He said, "Uhh yes ... I meant the wheelbase is quite short for a--"
I said, "More maneuverable."

He said, "Well it looks great anyway. I'm on a 1200 Yamaha something-or-other."
I screwed up my face and said, "Ohhh ... Bit sluggish in the traffic, hey ... OK all the best mate, cheers, take care."
(*)

Anyway it's nice to finally get some acknowledgement. This is part of the reason I got into biking in the first place -- the chicks want to be with me, the men want to be me. So far I've only attracted a middle-aged man but it's something. It's a start.

Getting lots more nods too since I switched over to the CBR. And that's what it's all about, in the end.

-Gray


(*) Conversation may have been edited at editors discretion.

1 comment:

  1. "This is part of the reason I got into biking in the first place -- the chicks want to be with me, the men want to be me. So far I've only attracted a middle-aged man but it's something. It's a start"

    What a joke! I sence a case of small dick sindrome?!

    ReplyDelete