Friday, August 12, 2011

[Movie] "Hanna" review

Hard to describe this without basically describing the entire movie. It's pretty basic. Watch the trailer here on YouTube. It's basically about a girl that gets trained from birth to be a hunter/killer/survivor or something. Then some paedophile woman from the FBI called Cate Blanchette is trying to kill her, or catch her, or something.

Eric Bana plays the father of the kid. In my mind, Eric Bana is always going to be Poiter, so it's hard for me to accept him as a German-accented assassin in this movie. Typecasting -- it's a bitch.

The albino teenage girl who stars in the film does a pretty good job I suppose.

All in all, it's a bit art-house for my tastes, but I still enjoyed this film. I recommend it if you like East European movies with slightly dubious pacing but good acting and scripting. And who doesn't?

Hanna - 3 out of 5

-Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment