Sunday, May 22, 2011

[Bike] Sunday cruise, nod's ahoy!

Hit my standard route, Swan Valley for a cuppa with my good friend in the "Cottage Tea House" or something. When I say "good friend", I mean "casual acquaintance". But the tea is damn good ... Damn, damn good.

Today I got lots of nods back from other riders. I passed the PSB guys doing their Country Ride and got a few nods there. And some old lady on a massive scooter, in Yanchep - I nodded and she just looked so happy, she nodded back like 3 times with a beaming smile. God bless her! At her age, she probably doesn't have too long left before a fatal crash. At least I brought some sunshine into her final days ...

Then along the highways to Gosnells to visit my sister. Having a garage sale. Brilliant. Little Gosnells "boganites" running around with rat's tails and no shoes. Not buying anything of course. Just infesting the place with their stench.

Then back north, and west to the coast. Hit Hillarys to grab another burger at my favourite, "Australia's Finest Burgers". Unfortunately, every table was full, probably due to my recent 5 out of 5 review of this place. So I just urinated and left. In the carpark were lots of Harley Davidsons. I revved my Honda 250 as I pulled out. I don't think they even heard me ...

Then hit the Mindarie for a spot of lunch with the D-Man (The Boat, reviewed last post).

Then up along Marmion to Yanchep. Nice little beach cafe. I parked next to 3 other 250's but couldn't find the rider's. I had a Choc-Honeycomb Supershake which is the best type of flavoured milk around. I can usually inhale these things in about 4 swallows. Brilliant. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it.

Then back along Wanneroo Road to home. Good little run, nice weather, 200km's of pleasure. Just wish I had a faster bike now.

No comments:

Post a Comment