Sunday, May 15, 2011

[Bike] Sunday cruise, nod trouble

Nice little ride through the Swan Valley this morning. Cup of tea at a little cottage place. I was going to stop at the Chocolate Factory but it's always busy.

I gave 9 nods out to passing riders today, and only got 2 nods in return. Ridiculous. I even got snubbed by a SCOOTER rider! I mean, we're not even supposed to nod at these kids! I went out of my way to extend some courtesy to a stranger on a lower-class vehicle by nodding my head slightly, and he can't even be bothered to do the same.

Anyway, then I hit Scarborough to enjoy the slow windy road and all the ladies jogging along the path. Fantastic as always. I even got a smile from a lovely brunette as I purred past, one hand resting on the tank, squinting my eyes into the sun sexily. I was almost tempted to point my finger at her like the Fonz as I cruised past. She was loving it! When the G-Force takes hold of you, well ... I can be quite irresistible.

Then Hillarys for a burger at Australia's Finest Burgers. Delicious! Will probably do something similar every Sunday from now on. I must say, there is something to be said for riding alone. You can stop wherever you want, leave when you want, and ride at the speed you want.

Oh and also, this morning, I washed the bike after spilling the fuel over it yesterday. Then I started my trip by filling up, and yet again spilled fuel all over the front of the bike. I nearly cried. Rode straight back home again, washed again, and back on the road. The great thing about having a ride on a Sunday is, you've got all day. No rush, no reason to get home, no particular route to follow. Just the wind in your hair, power at your fingertips, and smooth roads ahead! (The helmet stops the wind, my bike has no power, and the roads are generally quite uneven and rough).

Keep cruisin'!

-Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment