Sunday, May 22, 2011

30 second Restaurant Review - The Boat, Mindarie

(This review is my own personal opinion, based on my own personal experience, personally. Which may not be the same as your own experience.)

This place didn't score too well as a pub, so let's see how the dining experience goes ...

Ambiance - Yeah it's OK I guess. Not a fan of multiple projection screens showing AFL and other sporting nonsense. Leave that crap in the bogan's living rooms! Otherwise fine. +1 point.

Staff - Hmmm, staff are friendly, female and attractive, so I'm going to give a point here. But maybe consider opening up more than 1 till because lining up for 9 minutes isn't a lot of fun. +1 point.

Service - You have to line up (for 9 minutes don't forget) at the single till, right across the doorway so there are constantly people pushing to get through the line. Brilliant design there. Then you get a thing that beeps when your food is ready. Oh, so I should come back up to the counter and collect my own food, should I? Haven't you heard of waitresses? I understand this is normal for a pub, but as my good friend "J-Dog" says, "If you're going to charge me restaurant prices, I expect restaurant service."  -1 point.

Prices - Not the best to be honest. Could be a little cheaper. I won't deduct a point, though.0 points.

Food - I had a burger. The pattie was far too thick, over cooked, rubbery and tasteless. It had some kind of god-awful "onion sauce" on it. Why? It's illogical. If you're going to put onions on a burger, just put onions on it. Don't mess around making some kind of stupid chutney-looking paste. Otherwise it was OK. The bun was nice. The chips were nice. I'm still not giving a point though. I can't get past that onion chutney shit ... 0 points.

Final Score - 1 out of 5.

THE BOAT, MINDARIE - BOYCOTTED

Oh dear :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment