Saturday, May 7, 2011

30 second Bar Review - The Boat, Mindarie

Quite a popular little spot. Not with me.

Ambiance - nice lighting and furnishings. Fairly clean throughout. Attractive bar staff is a bonus. +1 point.
Pricing - Hmmm, over $9 for a pint of Heineken? Very suspect. I don't appreciate being ripped off. -1 point.
Patronage - Usual mix of 19-year olds trying to look cool, 50-year olds trying to look cool, and 30-year olds getting aboslutely smashed, jumping up and down screaming, and vomiting in the toilets (all witnessed in my 45 mins there). Can't complain. Not as rough as many places. Attractive bar staff is a bonus. +1 point.
Location - On the water, boats floating around, all that good stuff. Good amount of parking. +1 point.
Music - Hmm. It was live, and it was loud. I guess I'll award 1 point just for having live music. But it wasn't my cup of tea. How about some jazz, or light piano music? +1 point.
Aquariums - Too small for the fish contained. It's simply animal cruelty. And the live music? The fish must go insane having those vibrations pushed through their water. I'm in half a mind to ring the RSPCA about this. -2 points!

Final score - 1 out of 5
If they just got rid of the aquariums, and dropped their huge markup on the beer, they would score much better!

THE BOAT IN MINDARIE - BOYCOTTED

No comments:

Post a Comment