Monday, June 27, 2011

[iPhone] Let's Play Order & Chaos - episode 1

Thought I would do a little "Let's Play" on Order & Chaos. Playing on iPhone 4.

Episode 1 -  Time to stomp me some Goblins!

1 min - Tried to create a new account. Seems I have already registered my e-mail with Gameloft. What's my password? Who knows.

3 mins - Retrieve password via e-mail. Finally! Let's go find some Goblins to kill!! Ohhh, the title screen is pretty ... I guess this was about 3 weeks of development time just to get this screen looking so awesome.
Awesome title screen is awesome.
You can see a human, then a sexy sexy little Elf, then an Undead, and finally an Orc. These are the 4 races available to play in the game.

So far so good ... Let's create a new character.

6 mins - Character creation is done and I'm dropped into the game. I've made an Elf Mage. He's tall. I'm not sure why he's so tall. I guess I'm going to have to stoop down low, to kill those Goblins ...
Meet "Varkiann". Purple skin, blue hair and glowing eyes. This game is redefining "awesome" already ...
12 mins - After some chatting and tutorial stuff, I kill my first mob -- a "prairie wolf". It's not a Goblin. After gaining a couple of levels, I head back into the village of "Green Leaf". Time to find me those Goblins! ROAR!
Barbara the Barkeep. Word is that she's "free and easy" with passing travellers.
I head into the local watering hole, loosen my robes, and order a pitcher of the cheapest Ale in the house. Then I chat to the locals.

Nobody in the bar seems to mention anything about Goblins. There is some drunk Sheriff trying to make me go out and kill more wolves ... and some random guy called "Ninjajah" or something, who is running around in circles. He's either drunk, or looking for Goblins himself.

Eventually, I discover some farmer lady who needs me to kill some ... wolves. Oh really? Again? *sigh* Ok whatever. I'm not sure why the Town Guard can't do this ...

30 mins - Out in a different field, throwing fireballs at "timber wolves". Hmmm. They're still wolves, though.

34 mins - Left the town to explore a bit. Found a little caravan village with a horse! Yay. I stopped to say hello to the horse. It was only a Level 1 Horse, so I'm pretty sure I could have taken it down. If I had to ... I'm just saying. It was shifty.
Practicing my stealth by hiding behind the horse. You can't see me, but I'm behind his neck.
37 mins - What's that little figure on the hillside? Could it be .... YES! It's a Goblin! I power up my magical shield spell, and charge with a roar into the battle of my lifetime! It's time to slaughter this little rodent and punish his entire race for all of their evil deeds against Elves! Or just for being different ... Whatever, you really don't need an excuse to attack a Goblin, let's face it. They are the Used Car Salesmen of the fantasy world.
Victory! I pummel the evil Goblin into a fine pulp!
Disappointingly, it didn't put up much of a fight.

Tune in tomorrow, when I will try to engage some other players in conversation, and maybe form a "team" or group to explore with. I expect all sorts of problems to be honest ...

No comments:

Post a Comment