Friday, June 3, 2011

[Bike] Sunday Country CHARITY Ride

Sunday I will be riding a big lap, starting from my favourite little Country Cottage place in Swan Valley. This place is great, just a lovely little spot to sit outside with a cup of tea, maybe a scone, and relax before getting back on the bike. Nothing sexual about it. No tension. But lately I've had a problem -- I've seen 2 girls working there that are smoking hot. The problem is that they're about 10 years younger than me. And could be the owner's daughters, who knows. Kind of awkward. So instead of relaxing with my cup of tea, now I've got that sexual tension, that constant distraction of attractive females walking past my field of vision. To be honest I might have to find another place to get cups of tea.

So back on topic. This Sunday I'll ride from the tea place, up to Bullsbrook, then in to Toodyay, and finally across to Northam. That's 4 stops in total. I'll need donations to cover a bottle of coke here, a cup of tea there, maybe even a light lunch if I can find a bakery which isn't crawling with flies and filth. That's where the "charity" comes in. You guys pay me to have a pleasant weekend ride.

In return, I will learn one cool fact about each town I stop in, and teach you about it right here in my blog. So it's EDUCATIONAL! Yes. Brilliant.

I'll probably take a camera. And I'll talk to some locals and ask about their little backwater shithole-- I mean, "quaint country town". Get a feel for the local atmostphere. Put my finger on the pulse. Sip from the cup. Sniff at the flower of ages past. Immerse myself in a bath of pure history as I soak in the sights, sounds, and probably smells of country Australia.

For Monday the public holiday, I'm thinking of doing a similar run, but south. We'll see.

-Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment