Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aquarium - bullying in the tank

Cola is bullying Fanta. I have asked for help in a forum. Apparantly this is normal behaviour for male mollies. The solutions seem to be "get a bigger tank" which I can't afford. Or "add some females", but I don't want babies!

I guess I was so focussed on water chemistry, tank biology, and keeping the fish physically healthy, I never stopped to research into "fish personality".

 Oh well. Maybe the fish shop will take them back (doubtful) ... I wonder if I could eat them? No sense wasting the little guys.

Is there even a humane way to kill a small fish? What would I have to do, put it into a bowl of water and poison the water with bleach? Doesn't sound pleasant.

Sad times for me (and poor little Fanta, too).

-Gray

1 comment:

  1. Poor little dude!!

    Try biting its head off, Ozzy Osbourne did it...

    Crumbed mollie fillet sounds pretty awesome, but they're pretty small, you might have to just fry the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete