Monday, July 25, 2011

30 second Restaurant Review - Dome Cafe, Mindarie

Service - The girl that took my order was beautiful and smiling. I wonder if she was only smiling so much due to my attractiveness, but even so, it's nice. Unfortunately, the heavily-tattooed girl that brought our drinks out couldn't crack a smile to save her life. Miserable. Completely stoney-faced. Pathetic. Shouldn't be working as a waitress if she hates it so much. 0 points.

Pricing - A little pricey, but nothing too upsetting. +1 point.

Drinks - My coffee was a half-inch from the lip of the cup, and somewhere between "warm" and "hot". If I can take a massive gulp immediately after she sets it down, guess what, it's not hot enough. What an absolute ripoff. I'm not a barista, but I know a poor coffee when I see one. -1 point.

Food - Not too impressed. Now, I ordered the "big breakfast" with no tomato, and no mushroom. Did she ask if I wanted extra of something else instead? No. They just brought me a half-empty plate that I paid $17 for. Seriously, how hard is it to slap an extra hashbrown on the plate? The sausages weren't cooked enough. And check out the "toast" that my mate got with his "eggs on toast":
"Eggs on bread". Pathetic. Even a small child knows how to make toast.
Absolutely mental. -1 point.

Ambiance - Table full of bogans sitting right behind us, you know what I'm talking about -- talking too loudly in deep masculine voices, using expressions like "Oi" and "Mate" a lot. Yes we get it, you're the alpha-males, biggest biceps, you drive the biggest car and get the best women. Shouldn't you be at McDonalds or something? I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast here. -1 point.

Dome Cafe, Mindarie - -2 out of 5 (below 0? That's a first.)
BOYCOTTED

1 comment:

  1. well said old chap, i agree the solitary time i have been there i was far from impressed......perhaps a starbucks is in order for Perth

    John Smithson IV

    ReplyDelete