Saturday, April 9, 2011

Guitar/Surfing/Diving/Motorcycle - BAM!

Bought a nasty $40 guitar from eBay yesterday - it's only 3/4 size but I'm getting a full size one later today from a friend.

In the meantime, I have completely disregarded learning chords and scales, and I've jumped straight to learning popular songs via YouTube instructional videos.

As a result, I can now play the first few notes of several tracks, including Californication and REM's Everybody Hurts! As you can see, I'm well on my way to becoming the next Jack Johnson.

Also as part of my Jack Johnson-esque strategy, I hope to soon start surfing lessons with a mate who can already surf. This is the same mate that just did his Diving course, can play guitar, and rides a motorbike -- so I am literally riding this guy's coattails into a NEW IMPROVED GRAY!

Stay tuned for excitement in the coming weeks. I hope to sell my car and buy a Ninja 250 as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment