Thursday, April 28, 2011

[Bike] First group ride

Hit the road with the PSB folks on Tuesday night. I have no idea where we started, rode, or finished. The word "Guildford" came up a lot, and I assume that is some 60-year old suburb to the East of Perth. Anyway it was lots of fun! I was concentrating so much on riding safely while keeping up, I had literally no idea of where we were heading. But we ended up at a food shack called "Alfred's Kitchen". Alfred was absolutely loving it! Lots of customers.

I was up the front with the other L-platers. I can tell you, there was more false starts than a lawnmower. We had more feet touching the ground than a marathon. We had more shaky turns than a geriatric on the dance floor. No, I'm joking, everybody was fine.

Apart from the couple of times when my bike pops into neutral after I stop, but doesn't show the green light so I don't realise until I try to move off! Argh! I will be having a service in a few weeks so maybe they can look at that. In the meantime, everybody assumes I'm stalling it or something.

Somebody hit a Roo apparently, I didn't see it though. Wasn't hurt which is good. This is further evidence that the Kangaroo is evil, and should be exterminated from the entire continent! <clenches fist> Anyway, I'll talk more about that in a later post.

On the way home the weather turned bad and it got pretty unpleasant. Sitting on the freeway, riding into a strong headwind with the single-cylinder engine struggling to get above 100kph was even less fun than it sounds. But such is the price of riding a bike I guess. I'll have to get some wet-weather gear ...

Anyway I ended up getting about 4 hours of riding time which was brilliant!

After work today I should be heading down to Freo with a guy from the Perth Street Bikes forum. More awesomeness for me! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've heard that it's delicious, but why would you imbibe the meat of such a Satanic creature? It's literally good for nothing, scares young children, kills a few people ever year ... I mean, why did we introduce them in the first place??! Madness, I say!

    ReplyDelete