Friday, September 2, 2011

[Games] Original Xbox - Top 5 Games

I bought a 360 but it died within a year, so I plugged in my original Xbox. Still running strong after all these years. So I've had it going again for the last 18 months or something. I don't play it often, but it's there when I need it.

I have 58 games, but here are my top 5:

Doom 3
  More atmosphere than a London dance club, and monsters more gruesome than Wizard Discount Pharmacy customers. You just can't beat this game for sheer adrenalin. Keep your Silent Hills and your Resident Evils -- exploring a darkened base on Mars with a torch is unbeatable.
  People either love it or hate it, though.
 
GTA: San Andreas 
  I don't need to explain this choice. Vice City is also still enjoyable to this day.


Sonic Mega Collection
  Classic gaming at it's best. Sure, I spent a few years with the Atari 2600, but I really remember the Sega Master System as my first proper console. My mate had a Mega Drive. Sonic the Hedgehog was just as great on both platforms.

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast
  Brilliant arcade racing. Don't worry about silly things like "realism", when you can power-drift for 30 seconds around a ridiculous track with graphics that are good even by today's standards. It's a winner.

Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly
  I don't play this often due to it being slow-paced and a bit too scary, but I have to include it just for being so damn creepy. Explore, follow clues, and occasionally snap photos of horrific ghosts to dispell them. And they have cool names like "broken neck woman". Yes, her neck has been broken.

I also want to mention Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, which I just repurchased and is being shipped from an eBay seller. Looking forward to replaying that old chestnut.

-Gray

1 comment: