Saturday, September 3, 2011

[Games] "Halo 2" is still awesome

Just replayed a level in Halo 2, for shits and giggles. I must have forgotten how good this game is. I'm attacking some ruins, shooting little aliens left and right with my machine guns, and the nearby Marines are backing me up, making funny comments in their Australian accents. It's brilliant!

Then some drum music kicks in, and I'm driving over some mountains in the old Warthog 4x4 thing. Then I'm fighting a massive tank thing, somehow kill the guy driving, now I'm driving it! Some purple things called "Ghosts" or "Banshees" or something, start swooping down from the sky, so I'm blowing them up with massive balls of plasma from my tank, being careful not to run over my 2 little Marine friends who are shooting wildly between wisecracks. It's all very entertaining stuff.

Now my tank is half crippled and shooting sparks as it drags along the ground. Eventually I jump out, leap up onto a wall and hijack a Ghost, immediately I get rammed full speed by another Ghost and he's pushing me along, while my gun blasts the absolute shit out of the big alien riding it, suddenly BOOM it blows up, and kills me with it! Epic. You don't get flexible gameplay like this in today's games! (At least, I assume you don't ... Well maybe you do, what do I care?).

If you own it, go back and give it another play. It was 10 out of 10 back in the day, and it's just as good today.

Dual wielding energy pistols. Cortana talking shit in your ear. Elites circle-strafing you. BAM!

-Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment